Things to Do
We live in a truly beautiful part of the country and are blessed with a wonderful array of things to do and places to eat locally. Please find below a very small list of some of the things we would recommend. We are more than happy to send further details and of course make any reservations for guests in advance of their stay if you would like us too!
- Camel Trail
- Eden Project
- Camel Valley Wine Tour
- Surfing, Wake Boarding, Coasteering
- Golf – St Enodoc, The Point, Trevose
- St Moritz Spa
- Gardens / Houses: - The Lost Gardens of Heligan, Trelissick, Lanhydrock, Trerice, and Pencarrow to name a few!
- Tate Modern in St Ives
- Minnack Theatre
We are spoilt for choice in the area with some excellent local village pubs, restaurants with sea views and Michelin Star establishments in Padstow and Port Isaac. This part of Cornwall is gaining a huge reputation for world class restaurants and we have some of the best chefs on our doorstep including Rick Stein, Nathan Outlaw, Paul Ainsworth, James Nathan and Jamie Oliver to name but a few. The following, again is a summary of places we would recommend. Please drop us an email or give us a call if we can help with any reservations.
- The Rock Inn, Rock www.therockinnrock.co.uk
- Quarryman, Wadebridge www.thequarryman.co.uk
- Ship Inn, Wadebridge www.shipinnwadebridge.com
- St Kew Inn, St Kew www.stkewinn.co.uk
- Port Gaverne Hotel, Port Gaverne portgavernehotel.co.uk
- Mariners, Rock www.themarinersrock.com
Local restaurants that are great and priced accordingly.
- No 1 Rock Road www.no1rockroad.co.uk
- Surfside, Polzeath www.surfsidepolzeath.com
- Dining Room, Rock www.thediningroomrock.co.uk
- Rick Stein - St Petrocs Bistro, Padstow www.rickstein.com
- Paul Ainsworth - Rojanos, Padstow www.rojanos.co.uk
- James Nathan @ The St Enodoc Hotel - Rock. www.enodoc-hotel.co.uk
- Rick Stein - The Cafe, Padstow www.rickstein.com
- Appleton's at the Vineyard, Trevibban Mill trevibbanmill.com/appletons-at-the-vineyard
- Jamie Oliver - Fifteen, Watergate Bay www.fifteencornwall.co.uk
- Watergate Bay Hotel - Zachary's, Watergate Bay www.watergatebay.co.uk
Top End Restaurants.
- Rick Stein - Seafood Restaurant, Padstow www.rickstein.com
- 1 Michelin Star: Nathan Outlaw - Fish Kitchen, Port Isaac www.outlaws.co.uk/fishkitchen
- 1 Michelin Star: Paul Ainsworth - No 6, Padstow www.number6inpadstow.co.uk
- 2 Michelin Star: Nathan Outlaw - The Restaurant, Port Isaac